(junior) Office manager who keeps a lot of plates spinning
The key objective of this newly-created role is to support the growth ambitions of our baby. As with any typical start-up or scale-up, we’re busy doing thousand things and we need someone who can bring order and helps us keeping “a lot of plates spinning”. In normal language: we need someone to organise all of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of an office. You will not be alone – our support team currently consists of 4 people (senior office manager, content development & project manager, and an administrator).
About the role
As office manager, you will be responsible for the efficient and smooth functioning of our office on a day-to-day basis through a range of administrative, financial and coordination tasks. You will be required to work flexibly across the ELP teams providing support when necessary to meet service delivery and customer service requirements.
What does this mean?
It means you will:
- act as the first point of contact for ELP and thus be our ambassador
- act as chief organiser (of appointments and meetings, databases and travel and accommodation)
- act as chief designer/editor (presentations in PowerPoint, correspondence and other documentation including proof reading and editing of the ELP website)
- act as chief service delivery (of administrative and secretarial support to maintain an efficient office environment and of administration duties including dealing with telephone enquiries, post, maintenance of filing systems and databases records, typing letters, photocopying, ordering stationery and compiling and sending out information as required)
Essential Skills and abilities
- No nonsense, no politics
- Optimistic, positive, humoristic
- Ability to problem-solve, can-do attitude with a finishing energy
- Work under stress whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to deal sensitively and diplomatically with a range of people
- Fluent in English and Dutch, both written and verbal, French and/or German is desirable
What we offer you
- Varied work in a growing and ambitious “boutique”
- International colleagues and working environment
- Start-up ambiance
- Space to develop (yourself in) the job
- Competitive salary
The post is full time and will be based either in Leuven or Rotterdam depending on current living location of the candidate. Travelling between locations is part of the job.
If you would like to know more about this position or if you would like to apply, please send your (English) motivation letter and curriculum vitae to Aranka Zondag (Aranka.email@example.com or +31 654625372).
Please read the person specification carefully and describe in your motivational letter, how you feel you meet each of the criteria.
Thank you for your interest in this post. We look forward to receiving your application.