How do we quickly move our organisation to get our desired identity (strategy, positioning, operating model and leadership principles) into action?
What we did
- Mobilised a German speaking team from our ELP network to work intensively with the teams spread in Berlin and Munich in a bottom-up and top-down approach in further refining the operating model and culture.
- Worked with all teams in an iterative process to define their ‘team compass’ including their team role, KPIs, RASCIs, decision making and how they will bring to life the aspired culture and working principles.
- Facilitated an interactive, iterative process across the teams in order to identify overlaps, conflicts and how to handle cross-functional decision making.
- Coached all leaders on the job on how to guide their teams in the new operating model.
- Worked closely with agile coaches to bring agile principles more to life in all teams (and not only in the development teams).
Impact of our work
- The new operating model fully alive and implemented in the company within the horizontal functions and new established vertical segments.
- Streamlined processes by eliminating overlaps (for example, related to data management).
- High engagement scores on clarity of new roles & teams, decision making and decision making freedom spread across the organisation.
- Improved workflow, focusing first on consumers (user personas), taking data driven decisions, and customer (advertisers) supporting the business.