Long-term success requires being superior in both value creation and value capturing. This is a virtuous circle as the dimensions to create and to capture value evolve, as markets and clients mature and new technologies allow for new and better ways to create and to capture. Staying in this virtuous flow (and preventing it becomes vicious), generating a sustainable market movement and dynamic (towards superior value creation and capturing), requires a flourishing organisational movement and dynamic.
Our Value Creation Indicator (VCI) assesses your capabilities to stay in this flow and it identifies the areas and disciplines where you need to intervene to upgrade your value creation and value capturing capabilities and practices.
The VCI-experience is based on long-term and in depth academic research and a big number of transformational processes over a period of fifteen years. The indicator integrates movements in your environment, with movements in your strategising processes with the relevant movements in structure, processes and culture. Strategy, positioning, business model, behaviour, decision making processes are not seen as isolated and static concepts. Emphasis is on the dynamic core-elements of the virtuous flow you need to maintain or (re) build.
- Creating Value – Staying relevant for customers and society. What the movement of the value creation proposition to customers?
- Capturing Value – Business model is safeguarding continuity. What is the quality of your business model to capture value?
- Aligning on Purpose – Energising your organisation. What is the level of alignment on purpose in the organisation? How much are purpose and business really connected?
- Capability to Renew – Operating model & culture provide clarity and safety. What is the capability to renew? Clarity on responsibilities, accountability, decision making? Psychological safety to engage in constructive conflict?
- Realising Breakthroughs – Deciding, acting & achieving ‘What Is Next’. Are the aspired breakthroughs articulated, decided upon and realised?
Assessing & improving your full potential to create value
The VCI is structured and executed as a self-assessment process. The making or breaking of your organisations future is about the simultaneous interaction of the key disciplines as well as the engagement and ‘ownership’ of your people.
We design, scale, execute and report this process with people from your organisation. Creating awareness and understanding as well as the capability to co-lead the further transformation.