Accelerated learning to drive accelerated growth
- We believe there is an urgent need for society and a very substantial opportunity for the midsize company to understand the mechanisms to scale up and to realise stepwise and accelerated growth.
- The way forward will be shown at the micro-level. It’s all about developing and rolling out new value creation propositions to solve today’s and tomorrow’s needs and pains, for customers and through them for society; and doing this with a business model that captures the value created
- While a lot of attention goes to the ‘start-up’ landscape, our focus is on ‘scale ups’: those who are already generating economic value and who have the ambition and the potential to deliver far more with the right support.
- Experience indicates that most of the failures of scale-ups are due to ‘people – management – leadership’ related issues.
- We help to break through and bring the opportunity for accelerated learning to drive accelerated growth.
Building a network to strengthen Scale Up Leadership
- It is our purpose to develop and to strengthen Scale Up Leadership by developing a series of tailored tracks and by connecting participants, participating organisations and supporting partners together in a WINext Scale Up Network bringing together approx. 75 – 100 midsize companies that have the ambition and potential to scale up.
- The WINext Scale Up Leadership Track 2017 brings together 15-20 ambitious leaders. With and for them we develop a tailored program around their major scale up themes. We create an inspiring and engaging context to help them break through the ceiling of their own case.
- We connect the Scale Up Tracks & Network with an extensive global network of experienced business leaders, inspirators, academic faculty, coaches, transformation and growth architects willing to share their know-how and experience.
- We commit to dive deeper into the major scale up issues and to share and document the insights of the network.
For leaders who want to assess where they are and move fast from there
For whom is the Scale Up Track designed?
Companies or business units that want to scale up, who have the ambition to double or triple their growth rates (aiming for a growth of minimal 20%) and who strive to become leaders in their market.
Entrepreneurs, founders, CEOs and executive team members who want to assess and grow their capabilities to create and to capture value and who want to tackle the specific issues and challenges related to scaling up their business.
Participants sharing the following values:
- solutions oriented
- modest, honest & authentic
- seriously playful
- down to earth
- aspiring to learn and create
Assessing and addressing your major scale-up issues & questions
What is your position & where are you moving in your Value Creation & Value Capturing?
- How to realise straight profit improvement, while keeping value creation intact?
- What are the multipliers of (your) business performance?
Being a magnet to customers, staff, suppliers & other stakeholders
How is your Purpose enabling you to be a magnet?
- What does it take to transform into a magnet? As a leader? As a team? As an organisation?
- What movement do you need to make to be a ‘magnet’ in developing direction while building cohesion and triggering relevant action?
What is the strength or vulnerability of your current business model?
- How to organise your capital to be efficient & effective?
- How to create an eco-system of partnerships with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders?
- How to retain and grow a loyal customer base?
- How to attract the best talent for the most critical jobs in your business?
- What are the new advances in technology (Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, virtual realities) and how will it impact your business?
Do you have the capabilities to scale up?
- Strategic habit: External connectedness: How to stay connected to developments in the market/with customers and make choices on how to respond? How to discipline decision making to reflect your strategic choices?
- Organisational habit: Agility: How to create an agile 90-day rhythm to keep moving, adapting and breaking through ceilings in a serial way?
- Leadership habit: High Performance Culture: How to create an execution-as-learning culture to drive high performance? How to build self-awareness on how you as a leader are accelerating or getting in the way of scaling up the business?
What is your roadmap to scale up?
- How to organise my governance and my growth path?
- How to drive growth as a leadership team?
1 September – 25 October 2017: Diagnostics Phase
- Our Value Creation Indicator helps you to assess where you are now and where you want to go.
- Our TPI personal self-assessment looks at preferences and beliefs, which accelerate or hamper scaling up.
9 – 25 October 2017: Case building and program tailoring
- Face to face feedback and discussion on the outcomes of the diagnostic phase aimed at articulating the personal leadership and business scale up case.
- Outcome of these sessions will be used to tailor the program in order to ensure relevance for all participants
14-17 November 2017: Session 1
- Latest thinking on Strategy & Innovation
- Framework for Value Creation & Value Capturing
- How to be a Magnet
- Strength of the Business Model
- Capabilities to scale up
- Strategic, Organisational, Leadership habits
7-9 February 2018: Session 2
- Learning review
- Technology to scale up
- Building eco-systems for growth
- Inspirational storytelling
- Your Roadmap 2018 for scaling up
WINext Scale Up Leadership Advisory Board members
- Anthonie Zoomers, CEO of Clondalkin Group, an international producer of high value-added packaging products.
- Eddie Perdok, CEO of Kramp, one of the largest and fastest growing technical wholesalers in Europe.
- Frank Coenen, CEO of Ask Chemicals, a leading supplier of foundry chemicals.
- Henk Jan Knol, CEO of Topicus, an innovative and rapidly growing software solution provider.
- Chris Lebeer, Chairman Sprimoglass
- Paul Verdin, Professor Solvay Business School and Berlin School for Creative Leadership
- Rien van Lent, CEO ELP
WINext Scale Up Leadership Programme Management
For questions about WINext in general and the WINext Scale Up programme, please contact Jeroen Beumer.